Austrian Audio OC818 Studio Set Black
Just like the silver version, the black OC818 offers many unique possibilities for creative stereo microphone applications. It comes with an entire suite of software, making the OC818 more of a recording system than just a mere microphone. The following plugins are available as free downloads from austrian.audio:
- StereoCreator plugin allows stereo recording with just one OC818. You’ll also have three different stereo techniques with fantastic post-processing possibilities using two OC818s. One four-channel recording, three different stereo techniques (XY/MS/Blumlein). Adjust spatiality, change stereo width and the orientation – all in post!s
- PolarDesigner lets you edit your recording in post-production, so you can actually reshape the sonic characteristics after the performance! Manipulate your recorded audio, changing and recombining polar patterns (omni, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-eight, etc.) across up to five frequency bands.
- With the AmbiCreator plugin, you can take it one step further and get an ambisonic B-format signal out of two OC818 microphones, e.g. a “Live-Set”. As the OC818 microphones have a dual output, any first-order pattern can be calculated from those two outputs.
- PolarPilot App turns your smartphone (iOS or Android) into a full-featured remote control for the OC818 large-diaphragm condenser microphone. Simply insert the OCR8 dongle (sold separately) into the microphone, pair it with your phone over Bluetooth, and you can manipulate the OC818’s polar patterns and other functions all in real time.
The OC818 black Studio Set comes in a stylish protective carrying case and contains:
- 1x OC818 microphone
- 1x OCS Spider Mount Suspension
- 1x OCW8 Foam Windshield
- 1x OCH8 Mic Clip
- 1x OCC8 Mini XLR Cable + Cable clip
|30 × 25 × 10 cm