iConnectivity PlayAUDIO12 Audio & MIDI interface
The simple, scaleable, and fail-proof live playback interface you’ve been waiting for.
For those who rely on live computer audio & MIDI, and need a bulletproof, fail-proof solution for control and playback of backing tracks, virtual instruments or anything else you can think of, PlayAUDIO12 is the solution.
Designed by live musicians for live musicians.
PlayAUDIO12 won’t let you down. Designed by touring musicians and engineers, PlayAUDIO12 is purpose-built for professional on-stage use. Your audience won’t accept compromises, and now you don’t have to either.
PlayAUDIO12 is flexible, to suit your ever changing live needs.
12 ultra-low noise outputs bring studio quality interfacing to the live arena. Need more outputs? No problem! PlayAUDIO12 is easily linked with additional PlayAUDIO12 interfaces, giving you connectivity which grows with the needs of your production.
Simple and dependable fail-proof redundancy.
PlayAUDIO12 enables you to add a second computer for redundancy / failover protection. PlayAUDIO12 automatically detects if a computer fails and, in a flash, automatically switches to another synchronized computer.
Forget the expensive, complex systems that have gone before, PlayAUDIO12 does it all seamlessly in one compact, elegant, and affordable box. With PlayAUDIO12 you need never suffer the embarrassment of a silent show, ever again.
Massive MIDI capability – more than just audio!
At iConnectivity, we’re world leaders and innovators in MIDI connectivity, and we’ve put everything we know about MIDI into the PlayAUDIO12.
Connect up to 8 MIDI Class Compliant controllers and sound modules, or even more MIDI interfaces using the unique iConnectivity USB MIDI Host port.
Create a MIDI network across long distances using the built-in PA12 Ethernet interface, ideal for large stages.
PlayAUDIO12 puts MIDI control over your performance how and where you need it.
What Makes PlayAUDIO12 Unique?
Other audio interfaces: Designed for recording audio in a studio environment. Support for only one computer.
The PlayAUDIO12 difference
More power to perform:
- Designed for live use.
- Fail-safe performance with multi-computer auto switching.
- MIDI integration that puts MIDI control how and where you need it
- Capacitive touch control with clear metering for dark stages.
Easy, software-less control over PlayAUDIO12’s key features from the front panel
2 button “Control In” footswitch input allows manual computer switching and/or user-assignable controls
Control Out connection for slaving additional PlayAUDIO12 units
Studio sound quality for the live arena – up to 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA conversion.
USB Audio 2.0 and USB MIDI 1.0 Class-compliant.
- 10x 1/4” TRS balanced audio outputs for low noise connections on any stage. (Outputs are +48v Phantom Power resistant)
1x 1/4” TRS stereo headphone output for convenient headphone monitoring
2x USB ‘B’ ports for connection of up to 2 computers simultaneously
Automatic and manual computer switching modes, for lightning fast switching between connected computers
USB MIDI host port, offering up to 8 ports worth of USB MIDI for Class Compliant controllers and/or modules
Ethernet MIDI for rugged long-distance MIDI connections
What’s in the box
- The PlayAUDIO12 Audio + MIDI interface
- One USB-A to USB-B cable to connect the interface to a Mac or PC computer
- One PlayAUDIO12 power supply.
Bundled software & sounds
Big Fish Audio is a developer and distributor of premium virtual instruments, samples, and loop content. iConnectivity is proud to include a special sampler of Big Fish Audio samples and loops that’s perfect to jumpstart or augment your production when you register your iConnectivity audio interface.
PlayAUDIO12 Audio Specifications
- Maximum Output Level: 13 dBu, 11 dBV, 3.6 Vrms
- SNR: 122 dB (1kHz, BW: 22Hz-22kHz, A-weighting)
- THD+N: -116 dB (1kHz, BW: 22Hz-22kHz, A-weighting)
- SNR: 100 dB (1kHz, BW: 22Hz-22kHz, A-weighting)
- THD+N: -100 dB (1kHz, BW: 22Hz-22kHz, A-weighting)
- Power output into 30 Ohms per channel: 73 mW per channel
- 24-bit resolution
- D-A Dynamic Range:115dB
- THD+N: -107 dB (1kHz, BW: 22Hz-22kHz, A-weighting)
- Supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, and 96 kHz