Korg Volca Digital Sample 2 Sequencer
The Korg Volca Sample 2 is the next generation digital desktop sample sequencer that allows for sequencing of up to 200 samples. The Volca Sample 2 builds upon the success of the original and offers numerous upgrades including double the memory, 200 sample slots, fresh sample set, 16 pattern locations, pattern chaining, and USB MIDI for direct MIDI interfacing and faster sample transfer.
The step sequencer is designed for ease of editing and allows 10 individual parts to be inserted or removed on the fly. Sixteen-step keys enter notes while maintaining visual confirmation of the timing of the notes in a measure. A performance can be recorded in real time. Up to 16 of the sequence patterns created can be stored in internal memory. The pattern chaining affords full song creation.
The motion sequence function records any time-varying changes made to the sound using the knob movements. An active step function allows for skipping steps during the sequence, and the step jump function instantly plays just the key-pressed step. A swing function adjusts the swing playback position, generating the distinctive groove of dance music styles. Get off the grid with Start Delay, which creates swings and grooves by delaying parts to deviate from 16 quantized steps.
A frequency isolator applies changes to the sound by boosting or cutting the low/high ranges with the isolator implemented as an analog circuit. The built-in reverb effect can be switched on/off for each part, and it is possible to save up to six song patterns, each combining up to sixteen sequences. Additional samples can be recorded and loaded using the Volca sample’s dedicated AudioPocket App over USB (the internal sounds are overwritten).
- Volca sample lets you work with sample content in the popular and easy-to-grasp volca format complete with signature 16-step sequencer
- Classic volca sequencing with 16 pattern memory locations, plus pattern chaining to create full songs
- Assign parts to different MIDI channels
- 200 sample memory slots (up from 100 on previous model)
- 16 pattern locations with pattern chain
- Twice the onboard memory as the previous model
- Start Delay: Get off the grid and create swings and grooves by delaying parts to deviate from the 16 quantized steps
- USB MIDI Connect to a DAW and download samples quickly
- Battery (or adapter) powered with speakers
- Intuitive sequencer with improvisation potential
- Motion sequencer records and plays back up to eleven parameters
- Active Step and Step Jump functions allow for inserting or removing steps
- Swing function for generating grooves
- Sculpt samples with the Analog Isolator
- Reverb effect
- Reverse function plays sampled sounds backwards
- MIDI In for sample trigger, sync, and parameter changes from any MIDI device
- Synchronized playback with other Volca units, Electribes, or your DAW
- Load and record samples via AudioPocket app
- Compact size, battery-powered operation, and built-in speaker