Nord Grand Keyboard
The Nord Grand features a premium weighted keybed with advanced triple sensors that capture the movements of the hammers with exceptional precision, delivering the smooth and natural feel of an acoustic grand piano.
Incorporating our award-winning performance features and hands-on user interface the lightweight Nord Grand not only provides an extraordinary playing experience, but is also an elegant new approach to our stage piano series.
88-note Kawai Hammer Action with advanced triple sensors
Ivory touch keys
Seamless Transitions when changing programs
Layer and Split with Split Point crossfades
OLED display for excellent overview
Support for Nord Piano Monitor
- 2 GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Dedicated Piano Filters for Acoustic and Electric Pianos
- 3 Dynamic Curves
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal (included)
- Advanced String Resonance
- Soft Release
- 512 MB Memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with Attack, Decay/Release and dynamic controls
- High quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes
- Reverb with three modes – Room, Stage and Hall
THE GRAND EXPERIENCE
The Nord Grand is our first stage piano to feature triple sensors that track the movements on the hammers rather than the keys delivering the smooth dynamic touch of an acoustic grand.
Kawai Responsive Hammer keybed with Ivory Touch
The well balanced and responsive triple sensor keybed features an advanced mechanism providing extraordinary control both when playing percussively as well as pianissimo with fluent repetitions and retriggering without lifting the key completely. The addition of an Ivory Touch surface gives the keybed an optimal feel and authenticity.
The Nord Grand has dedicated knobs and buttons for all essential functions required in a live performance situation. Creating Layers and Splits, adding effects or transposing the instrument can be accomplished on the fly.
Seamless transitions when changing programs while playing.
Layers and advanced Split Points
The two sound sections can be combined in a layer or split over the keyboard. Each of the sound sections can have specific effects, Volume Pedal and/or Sustain Pedal assigned to them.
The Nord Grand has 7 Split Points indicated with LED lights and the Split Point Crossfades offers smooth transitions between two split zones. Choose from 3 different crossfade widths (Small, Large or Off) as indicated by different LED colors.
The Nord Grand contains a wide selection of unique Grand, Upright, Electric and Digital pianos from the exclusive Nord Piano Library.
The Nord Grand factory bank includes 10 Grands, 9 Uprights, 10 Enhanced Electric Pianos, Clavinet, Digital Pianos and more from the exclusive Nord Piano Library – all handpicked for their unique character! Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling techniques capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments with breathtaking realism. All sounds can easily be replaced using the Nord Sound Manager. Our exclusive Nord Piano Library is constantly updated with new unique world class sounds – always free of charge.
Advanced String Resonance
Our unique Advanced String Resonance reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played on our Grand and Upright piano sounds. It also adds the rich resonant ambience of a real piano when playing with pedal down.
Creative Piano Filters
Providing an additional level of sonic control, the Piano Section features dedicated piano filters for Acoustic and Electric pianos accentuating softness, mid or brilliance. The EP filters also include unique Dyno filters based on the legendary preamp delivering the characteristic punchy, bell-like sound that was an essential part of the classic West Coast sound during the 70s and 80s.
Nord Triple Pedal with Dynamic Pedal Noise
The included Nord Triple Pedal features Soft and Sostenuto Pedals in addition to a unique Dynamic Sustain Pedal. The Triple Pedal also enables our Pedal Noise feature that dynamically simulates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism.
A Soft Release-mode adds a slightly longer release, more suitable for legato playing, emulating a looser damper tension in an acoustic or an electro mechanical instrument.
3 dynamic curves are available to suit your playing style, from Light to Heavy.
The Sample Synth Section features a broad selection of Strings, Brass, Synths, Choirs and many other high quality sounds from the Nord Sample Library 3.0.
The extensive selection of sounds from the Nord Sample Library 3.0 includes the exclusively licensed sounds of the legendary Mellotron and Chamberlin. All sounds can be quickly replaced using the Nord Sound Manager.
The Sample Synth is equipped with essential controls for attack, decay/release and dynamics (filter/velocity) and dedicated Category buttons for quick navigation and selection of sample sounds. It is possible to create your own samples using the free Nord Sample Editor software for WIndows and Mac.
The Effect section has a wide range of instantly tweakable high quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes. All effects can be assigned freely to the Piano or Sample Synth section.
Effects 1 – Pan, Tremolo, Wah-wah and Ring Modulator. All effects can be controlled with a Control Pedal.
Effects 2 – Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Vibe effect and two selectable depths for each effect.
Delay – Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button
Equalizer – Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
Compressor/Amp – Twin, JC, Small, Compressor and a Tube Overdrive effect.
Reverb with three modes – Room, Stage, Hall each with a Bright option.
Connect your MP3 or CD player to the rear panel Nord Grand monitor input to play along, rehearse to or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system. The signal is also routed to the main outputs.
COMPATIBLE WITH NORD PIANO MONITOR
The Nord Piano Monitor speakers can be connected directly to the Nord Grand (using the optional Monitor Brackets) for the ultimate nearfield listening experience.
Nord Grand Specification
- OLED Display
- Seamless Transitions
- Split Point Crossfades
- 16 banks with 25 programs – 400 locations
- Organize functionality for programs
- Live Mode – 5 Live programs
- Global Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Program Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Fine-tune: +/- 50 Cents
- Kbd Touch: 3 velocity response curves
- 88-note Kawai Responsive Hammer keybed with Advanced Triple Sensors
- Split functionality with selectable split point and LED indication
- Optional Split crossfade
- Layer functionality
- Panel Lock option
- Mono Output option
- Dynamic Sustain Pedal action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- Free OS updates
- 6 types – Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos, Clavinet, Digital and Misc.
- Each category can contain up to 20 different models.
- 120 Voice Polyphony (stereo/mono pianos)
- Piano Timbre/EQ settings (Soft, Mid, Bright) with dedicated Electric Piano filters (Soft, Mid, Bright, Dyno 1 and Dyno 2).
- Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) – adjustable amount
- Selectable Soft Release for Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos and Harpsichord
- Selectable Pedal Noise for Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos 1 – adjustable amount
- Octave transpose: -1/+1 (-6/+6 in Split mode, depending on Split position)
SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
- 46 Voice Polyphony
- Amp envelope with Attack and Decay/Release
- Selectable velocity sensitive low pass filter and dynamic range
- Octave transpose: -1/+1 (-6/+6 in Split mode, depending on Split position)
- Volume controllable with Volume Pedal (not included)
- Approx. 2 GB dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- Approx. 512 MB dedicated to the Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Pan, Tremolo, Wah and Ring Modulator
- Three selectable depths for the Pan and Tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Chorus 1, Chorus 2 and Vibe
- Two selectable depths for each effect
Amp Simulations, Comp and EQ
- Comp/Amp – three amp/speaker simulations, Tube Overdrive
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Dedicated Reverb with Room, Stage and Hall algorithms, each with an additional Bright mode Dedicated
- Delay Effect – Rate, Amount and Tap-tempo function
- 2 Audio outputs L & R – ¼”, 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input – 1/8″, 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output – ¼”, 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Piano pedal input – ¼”, 6,35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal or a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc
- 1 Volume Pedal input – ¼”, 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In, MIDI Out – 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB – type B connector – for transferring sounds and USB MIDI
- IEC C14 power connector
- Nord Grand: 1286 mm (50.7″), 168 mm (6.6″), 387 mm (15,2″)
- Nord Triple Pedal: 264 mm (10.4″), 224 mm (8.8″), 70 mm (2.8″)
- Nord Grand: 20,9 kg (46.0 lbs)
- Pedal: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
- Nord Triple Pedal
- User Manual
- Power cord
- Nord Piano Monitor
Nord Keyboard Stand V2
Nord Soft Case
Nord Music Stand Dust Cover